Monday, April 17, 2017

Fwd: 3/31/17 SHAME ON OFFICER RIVERA (NO 60447) PASADENA PARKING CORRUPTION ,K



SHAME ON PASADENA PARKING: 


I ATTENDED AN EVANGELICAL/mission conference at Fuller Seminary (also my alma mater so I am very aware of Pasadena parking & Fuller Parking laws & rules, since 1996) on 3/31/17 . I parked on Madison at the start of the morning, with the intention of moving my vehicle during the break, before the 2 hour limit. During the break, I went back to my vehicle and moved it to a new spot, almost literally across the street. The parking signs say "2 hour limit". They do NOT say "2 hour limit per block" as is the case in a few , rare, municipalities I've encountered . 

I went back in to resume attending the conference, then I returned to my vehicle for lunch, and found the parking ticket. Given I had moved my car, I had NO IDEA why I got the ticket. The ticket says a "photograph was taken" as proof. But I swear on the Holy Bible with God as my witness that the car was moved to a new spot, very close to the original, but on the other side of the street. I do NOT know what kind of photographic proof this officer has. Maybe he just assumes if it is on the same street it must be on the same spot. 

That's ridiculous. I saw a grievance by another citizen online about a similar situation she experienced in pasadena, and she thought it had to do with parking on the same block, but her post doesn't say how the story ended. 

here's an excerpt from the citizen i mention: 
"When filling out my request for a hearing at Pasadena City Hall, the parking citation employee mentioned in passing that I probably won't win because I should have moved my car 1 block away from the original parking spot. I thought that may well be, but no where is that posted on the 2-hour parking sign. What's more, nowhere is that mentioned in the violation code for which I was cited..."
see

Today, i went online and read the specific code and it says NOTHING about parking on the same block. Hence, my only conclusion is that the parking enforcement person made a elementary, amateur , mistake; or he vexatiously targeted my vehicle . Nonetheless, with clenched teeth and my blood boiling I went online and paid the ticket because I KNOW KNOW KNOW that this guy will swear on his mother's grave that he is positive the car was in the same spot. 

I don't know how a photograph can prove for or against it unless it is photographed from exactly the same position with all the same background. Otherwise it is meaningless. Or if it is proof I was parked on the same block, there is nothing in the code that says parking is limited to 2 hours per block. 

 Furthermore, I don't have the desire to go in front of a "judge" who rubber stamps everything their parking enforcement does.

 It's just heartbreaking. Not only do you still end up paying for the ticket, but they essentially call you a liar, and so your character is soiled as well. And you end up paying the "opportunity cost" of the time it takes to contest it. It's SICKENING. 

And for that matter, most municipalities across the USA do NOT have parking tickets anything near $50 (and L.A. parking tickets are even worse, starting around $70). It's disgusting, sickening, and despicable, and corrupt. It ruins the MORALE of the citizens. SHAME ON PASADENA. SHAME on "Officer" Rivera. Shame Shame Shame. 

"
D Parking Time Limits. Except as is provided in Chapter 10.42, when authorized signs are in place giving notice thereof, no person shall stop or stand or park any vehicle for a period of time longer than the parking tune limit indicated by such sign."










add: 

""A lot of dismissals would indicate that the citations aren't valid," said Fred Dock, director of the city's Department of Transportation. "They have to be writing valid citations, and we do audit that process, so we know that the contractor is living up to their contract requirements."
Yeh disagrees, saying he thinks few people's tickets are overturned because most give up before getting a proper hearing.
"My concern is that they're doing this on purpose, thinking that people won't appeal," he said.
In some parts of Southern California, parking citations bring in millions for cities' coffers each year...."